About Me

My photo
Stockport, United Kingdom
Spud is obsessed with all things wheeled, both with an without engine's. 2006 Open class uk champion at Boardercross racing mountain boards, his knee's have since given up and he spends more time on his bikes both with and without engines.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

New Project

As with many of us project nuts, one is simply not enough, I've been lusting after some sort of street tracker for a while now, but buying is not an option, and not nearly as much fun. After trying and failing to buy an Aprilia Pegaso I've gone for a much better option of the old Honda Dominator, which has no complicated cooling system or ugly radiators to deal with, spurred on massively by the work of Andrew on http://nx650elsinore.blogspot.co.uk/ I am hoping to replicate his work albeit with a slight twist of my own. I'm going for no plastic side panels but a larger tail unit to hide the battery and electrics.

This is the look I'm going for

This is what I started out with
and 40 minutes later after me and H had set about it with spanners and allen keys it looked like this
And after a night at the unit its now minus the rear pegs, front hand guards and indicators, oh and I ground off the petrol tank mounts so there's no turning back now.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment