What a job that turned into, swing arm removal was a piece of piss,
but getting the bearings out was a complete nightmare, they must have been the originals, I ended up smashing the cage and needle rollers out before welding onto what was left so I had something that I could get purchase on with the bar I was using to hammer them out. Repeated welding and the associated heat plus some considerable hammering and generous doses of plus gas finally had the remainder of the bearings release their grasp on the swing arm.
New bit welded in and dressed back, prior to paint.
I got it all back together with a bit of new paint on it, and what happens when I attempt to take it out for the first time to see if it's made any difference, the bugger will only run on one cylinder. The story continues.